California Bodysurfing Championships
1. Beach start. 15 minute heats
2. Judged on the top 4 waves. If a tie, we’ll
go to the 5th, 6th…waves.
3. Scored on a scale from 0-10. You will be
judged on how well you bodysurf during
the heat. Judges will consider
wave selection, quality of takeoff, position
in the wave, style of ride, length of ride,
quality of exit and if you entertain
the judge with something original.
4. Cutoffs will be harshly judged!!! There will
be a loss of one scoring wave per cutoff.
Cutoffs will be decided by a majority vote
of the judges.
5. The first competitor in the wave rules.
Should two people enter a wave at the
same time, the one closest to the peak has
the right of way.
6. Two blasts on air horn will be the 2 minute
warning for the end of the heat. Also, the
yellow box on shore denotes 2 minutes left
in the heat.
7. The green box means the heat is on! The
red box? The heat is over. Get outta the
8. Protests? What protests?! This is for fun.